Thursday, March 21, 2013

Once Upon a Time...

a kind friend named Ms Julie, give me a couple of huge bags of scraps. They were most colorful happy scraps, and I was overjoyed! I cut the scraps into 2 1/2 " squares and pondered, what shall I do with said lovelies? They were most precious and special soooo, they were stashed away in normal saline tubs awaiting the day that a most special use was found.

While watching Bonnie Hunter on Quilt Cam piecing together her Sister's Choice blocks, there was an epiphany! Hey! I love those blocks! Hey! I have a bunch of 2 1/2 square blocks cut out! OOOOOO! I have a bunch of white on white/cream fabric left from Easy Street! And so now I have this, 18 Sister's Choice blocks with rainbow points! See!


Now while I was sewing blocks, Addi, my 4 year old granddaughter, came up and said," Can this be for me Nana?" . Why yes! Yes it can. She loves the rainbow points too!

This is my favorite block. The yellow fabric with blue pansies is so gorgeous and I wish I had more of it.

So now Nana still needs to make at least 6 more blocks, maybe 10. I'm aiming for a twin size quilt for Addi's bed. I think I need some green points to mix in for the rainbow colors.

Now this isn't the end to my story! To be continued! 

2 comments:

Show some love and let me know what you think! I love comments!